C/o Corte di Giarola – Parco del Taro
Entrance located in Strada Giarola, 11 - 43044 Collecchio (Parma)
How to get here:
Distance: 12 km from Parma
GPS coordinates: 44°44'17.59"N, 10°11'8.27"E
From Parma, take Via La Spezia going South – then take the Collecchio bypass going towards Fornovo, after the last Collecchio exit, at Ponte Scodogna follow the sign for Corte di Giarola – the Taro River Park will be to your right.
From Fornovo, take the A15 exit to provincial road to Collecchio. In Ponte Scodogna, turn left to Corte di Giarola – Taro River Park
Extra-urban Bus Line from Parma train station to Collecchio and back: take the Parma-Collecchio-Fornovo bus and get off at the Ponte Scodogna stop.
Check departure times for rides to/from location on this web site http://www.tep.pr.it
FOOD MUSEUM SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE
It is possible for individuals, families, and groups to reserve a convenient shuttle service to reach the Museum at a conventioned price: the service is operated by the Travelbus Consortium of Parma.
See costs and modalities for activation
Wine and food tours to the Tomato Museum and to the other Food Museums and food production places (Cheese and Salame factories) for families and groups.
Promoted by Gustintour Parma
Opening hours to the public:
From March 1 to December 8
* Saturday, Sunday and holidays: 10.00 - 18.00
* From Monday through Friday: open on reservation for group tours
From December to February
* Closed - open on request for group tours only
Cost of Tickets:
* Full price € 5,00
* Reduced fee € 4,00 groups (minimum 15 people), adults over 65 years old, conventioned prices
* Reduced fee for schools € 3,00 students from 6 to 18 years of age
* Free to disabled people and accompanying caregivers, to people accompanying groups and schools, journalists, to children under 6 years of age, to school children of the Cit of Collecchio (reservation is required).
For groups up to 25 people: € 20,00 in addition to entrance fee. Reservation is required.
Ristorante della Corte (The Court’s Restaurant)
Moreover, it is possible for visitors to reserve a menu with the Parma typical products to be accompanied by a selections of Vine dei Colli (wines from the hills) of Parma at the Ristorante della Corte (The Court’s Restaurant).
In all of the museum, it is possible to request scientific themed learning labs for schools or groups, on topics like salt, milk, micro organisms, water, protein) or gastronomic themed labs (taste labs), In the Learning section of the site a catalogue of science and environmental education labs is available. Reservation is required.
Info and Reservations (required for groups and schools):